Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Family Friendly Coffee Date



Today a mommy friend of mine had a feeling that I was all cooped up in my house dealing with all the things new mommies deal with, and I love friends that recognize when a fellow mom needs to get out of the house. This friend tells me how it is and those are my favorite types of friends.

So off we went to Family Grounds Cafe, a very kid-friendly coffee shop in Lakeview with 1,500 square feet of play space. Her little girl is undeniably adorable, as you will see from the photos. E (Dalia's friend) and Dalia played together, well, as much as a 5 and 7 month old can play.



I saw Dalia eyeing this overstuffed rocking BUG (originally I posted horse--what was I thinking?-way too crazy of a toy for her. But I gave in to my usually nervous and over-cautious self and put her on it-she was confused and slightly uncertain, but she sat there for quite a long time. I think she was puzzled, honestly.



After a great glass of earl gray intelligentsia iced tea and some much-needed mommy talk, Dalia and I drove back to good old Jefferson Park. H was home from work early (sweet!) and he strapped on the Ergo so we could go on a walk to the local Polish Produce Center to pick up some items for our falafel dinner. DELICIOUS, but not like it is in Israel.

Food update: Dalia=not a fan of sweet potato, not a fan at all.







4 comments:

  1. Love the stuffed toys the kids played with today. Safta sends hugs to Dalia and you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it does for someone with a Google account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay seriously... that's a cafe? I think I'm in love and packing my bags to come hang out with you there.

    Also, maybe you should be happy Dalia was not a fan of sweet potatoes. Gabe is quite the fan, and that created the craziest diaper encounter for me yet. I found myself just sort of staring at the situation with a dumb smile not knowing what to do with everything.

    Lovin' your blog!

    ReplyDelete