Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mom/Grammi the Nucleus



Nothing beats a nice conversation with your mom, you know?

I love talking to Grammi. It is a rare occasion if I don't call her once (or maybe twice) in a single day. We love to catch up and chat about the family. Grammi is the nucleus of our family-everyone calls her to hear about everyone and everything else. She knows just about everything, and I think she likes it. Well I know she loves it, actually.

Who wouldn't like being the one that binds everyone together? The one everyone turns to for advice? The one that knows just about everything. What is funny is that when I call, she is often on the phone with another family member OR her phone just happens to ring several times while we talk. And if she doesn't pick up right away, try the cell. Home cell home cell home cell...yep, that is how we roll.

Maybe I should thank her for being so available, all of the time.

In other news, today is the day I finally recognized a "tired Dalia" (she brushes her face back and forth on my chest, like she is itching her nose) and put her in her crib awake. She moved, wiggled, and fussed, but eventually, I heard nothing-not a peep, not a whimper of a nursing request, not a single thing.

And.
It.
Was.
Awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I love nursing her to sleep. It is a very special thing to feed your baby with your body and put her into a serene state-of-mind. I just don't want to HAVE to do it every single time, you know? I mean, nursing is serious hard work-no joke. And while I love to bond with her in that close skin-to-skin kind of way, I also want to know that she is capable of falling asleep on her very own. And that, oh yes, happened today.





SUCCESS!



Hmmm...I hear a strange assortment of pterodactyl noises coming from our second bedroom. I better go investigate.


No comments:

Post a Comment