Monday, April 26, 2010

Gotta love a good Monday

Monday morning blues? Not here, not in the Horowitz home. Today, my friends, is a wonderful and beautiful Monday.


Nothing beats waking up to a smiling baby girl giggling and wiggling away, even if she didn't sleep soundly for the night. I often forget how nice it is to have such a great life partner in my presence. This morning, H took Dalia for an hour as I slept the early morning away-how lovely it was. Simple things such as an extra hour of sleep are cherished now that little Dalia is here. H came in and dropped her off in the bed and said his normal good bye. It was sad to see him go, but his day is full of learning, writing, and enjoying everything that law has to offer. He loves his job and that helps him love us more. What makes it even better is that I love my job, too. And while it doesn't pay much in the traditional sense, it pays more than I ever knew possible.

When H leaves, Dalia and I have the entire day to ourselves. We have time to get to know one another, to look at each other, and to grow together as mother and daughter. This is exactly what we did until about 10 AM this morning. After our morning nursing session and an hour of much needed playtime (of course she LOVES toys these days!), I thought it was the perfect day to take Dalia on a two mile walk through Jefferson Park and Edgebrook. This was a great idea! We strapped on our very new and very cool Ergo (see photo if you aren't familiar with this carrier) and prepared for the good old outdoors.




Oh how I love nature and fresh air. Nothing beats a good walk on a sunny and slightly windy day. We got to SBux in record time, though Dalia napped from our door to theirs, and then we ventured home to have another nursing session, play time in the back yard, and to get ready for the day's most exciting event-Popsicle Social.

I am in love with the mothers in my mom's group. We have such a good time together and we are all first timers, so we feel uniquely connected in that "first-time-mom-don't-know-a-thing" sort of way. Today's meet up is in the West Loop in downtown Chicago. After our delicious popsicles, we plan on taking all of the children to Skinner Park, a local favorite.

Nothing beats a Monday like this.

1 comment: