Thursday, January 6, 2011

Settee Update

So, remember the gorgeous piece of furniture I snagged at the thrift store the other week? As it turns out, I am finding a lot of similar pieces at furniture stores and on-line. Check this one out. $1,399 + fabric costs (ouch, that could be another $700). Now that is a pricey foyer piece.

And mine? Drumroll...

A whopping 50 smakaroos. That's right, friends. 50 big ones.

Of course all the fabrics I am seriously considering for reupholstery are ungodly expensive, but totally worth it, right, honey?

Let me know which one you like:


I have always been into patterns, mixing styles, and I love a more wordly look (as opposed to traditional and matchy matchy). The sofa would be chocolate brown or charcoal.

I already e-mailed a trusty friend for her thoughts, but would appreciate yours as well!

6 comments:

  1. Sarah - I really like #2 !!

    p.s. I left something for you on my blog ... http://www.juliannabelle.com/2011/01/my-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like 1 and 3. you seriously scored. I'm trying to find fabric for a couch i found on craigslist ( for $40!) I am so indecisive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the odd man out, but I really like 1 & 4. Are you refinishing the wood, or painting it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love one!

    Yes, the cabriole legs are in perfect working condition, BUT they need sanding, a little filling, and then to be stained again. Not too much work, but it is something.

    The settee itself is in perfect working condition. Beautiful!

    Score!!

    Thanks for your suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm i'm thinking number 2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still like Number 1. Number 3 has a very interesting pattern. It would probably be okay.

    ReplyDelete