Thursday, December 16, 2010

Let It Snow Snow Snow


I woke up and looked outside. I had no idea it was supposed to snow. What a surprise!

I immediately prepared everything we would need to take a quick trip outside to play in the snow. Remember my recent post about acquiring an amazing Catimini sweater for next to nothing? Dalia's snow pants are from that same trip!

My heart was warm today with the thought of showing Dalia snow. I love being outside. I love fresh air. Winter air helps me breathe better (totally weird but true). Once Dalia woke up I brought her right to the window (the same one we spend hours at gazing away at the birds eating from our feeders) and showed her snow. Her smile was incredible.

I love watching Dalia see new things. I love being a part of her childhood and reliving those beautiful experiences through her eyes. It is magical. It is what life is all about.

So obviously I had my camera handy to take plenty of shots for daddy. He melted (no pun intended) on the phone when I told him his little angle was making snow angles (and she really did make them, instinctively). Topping off the trip outdoors was a ride in her new wagon (shout out to Grammi and Papa for the sweet Hanukah gift).

And now I get to share it with you guys as well.






And how did we end our afternoon of fun? A delish batch of "good for you" home made muffins (think flax meal, oat flour, ground nuts, applesauce, and a splash of organic blue agave). I topped our snack off with a delicious, traditionally-brewed cup of red almond tea (in
my absolute FAVORITE mug) and cuddled up on the couch to a(nother) episode of that red furry Elmo.

3 comments:

  1. awwww so cute! let it snow!! :)
    Safta

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious! Looks like you both had a great time. Love the Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last picture absolutely killed me. Love you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete