Thursday, November 18, 2010

Good Clothing on a Tight Budget

So many of you know that I love to shop at children's consignment shops (Sarah and Steve love a good deal). Not only is it great for our pocketbook, it is great for the environment, too. Plus kids outgrow clothing super fast. We have splurged on the occasional item (I love the Robeez, See Kai Run, and Livie and Luca shoes). But more often than not, Dalia's clothing is cheap!

We recently got two new pairs of corduroy pants (tags still attached) for $.99 each. Yep, those adorable red cords Dalia modeled in her 1 year photos are from good old goodwill. And that hat? $2 at Gap on sale.

We always get compliments on how cute she is dressed. I feel like people must think we spend a fortune, but we totally don't. On an earlier trip to Once Upon a Child, we found these (but the embroidered version) for $3. A recent trip to kid to kid was super worthwhile. Check out some of the great purchases:

We got a catimini sweater (top of the line European children's boutique designer) for $5.
I had no idea it was a boutique item. I was drawn to its warmth and beautiful yet quirky design. I was showing Steve when we got home and we just decided to google it. Hello, deal??!? I think so!

We got a roots winter down vest. Apparently roots is a Canadian company, who knew?! And that was only $3.

We got a pair of snow pants for $7. These are usually very costly. Plus, it may only snow once or twice so we won't worry that they weren't worth it.

We got two pairs of shoes and each cost $3.

Another great item was a made in the USA like new LL Bean windbreaker in a beautiful lavender. These jackets are usually $50 and we got ours for $5.



So get out and get some winter clothing deals!



4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted this! She is always so super cute, so it's nice to see that it can be done on a dime. You are such a great mommy, it makes me want to have a baby soon so I can try my hand at it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally have a baby soon because you are going to be an amazing mommy. I can't wait to share (in part, at least) in your journey when the time comes.

    Children are such a blessing and we are having a fabulous time, despite still not sleeping well. Plus, once you buy some of this stuff you can reuse it the second time around. It can be done on a dime, it really can. Some things are a bit costly (like a couple things I got Dalia for B Day and Hanukkah) but we are fortunate to be able to splurge once in a while. Stay tuned for bday hanukkah stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good shopping! I love what you found and great deals too. Keep up the hunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Grandma! We love finding good deals!

    ReplyDelete