Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Um, hi there, Mr. Molar

Well, not exactly, but I see that huge molar just below the surface. And I also stuck my clean finger in that swollen mouth and felt Mr. Molar, which Dalia very much enjoyed. You might think I am crazy, but I am not. It is true that babies generally get their bottom front teeth first and then... (well, you know the drill)... but my Dalia likes doing things her way--she already is, my friends, a mini-momma.

So after ice cold teething rings, a lot of mommy/Dalia cuddling, gum massage, wash cloth straight out of the freezer, and an above average dose of my favorite teething tablets, I resorted to Acetaminophen (but not the Tylenol brand).

While I do not like the idea of medicating the little branch on our family tree, I don't want her to suffer unnecessarily. The things we battle with :)

So maybe there is a light at the end of the teething tunnel?

No comments:

Post a Comment