Thursday, June 17, 2010

One of Those Days

Today is one of those days.

The kind where I feel exhausted, overwhelmed, under-appreciated, stretched to the max, and completely deflated. Today is a day where the scale told me that I still have five pounds to lose, my closet said good luck trying to find something to wear that fits, and my positive energy went on temporary leave.

Being a mommy is serious work, and while I enjoy every moment of it, today is not on my side.

The good thing is that these days are very few and far between.

Here is hoping tomorrow is a better day.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm sorry to hear that! I have more days like that than I would like to admit. Do NOT let the scale get you down. Your scale can't measure things like how healthy you are, how many extra calories you need to feed Dalia (and how much weight you're carrying around in milk alone... lol), or what a small sacrifice a few pounds is, to have brought such a perfect baby into the world :) I know, i know, it still matters somehow, and trust me, it gets me down too... The numbers are back to normal, but nothing fits right, nothing looks right... Uggh. But you look great and the weight will come off in its own time (9 months on, 9 months off, right?). Hope Dalia sleeps especially well for you or something so you can have a little *you* time and feel a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those days are not good for the soul, but every time you come out of them, you are that much stronger. You are an AMAZING mother, and an ASTOUNDING person. I hope this weekend is treating you better. Much love!

    ReplyDelete