Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Forward No Longer

In other interesting family news, the car seat is no longer forward facing (thanks for sending the links and info, friends... you all finally changed my mind). I am sure many of you will be happy to hear this :)

Here are some helpful links to help you in your decision:

http://www.car-safety.org/rearface.html

http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/StayRearFacing.aspx

We realized that we didn't want the minimum in safety for our little Dalia. We want her to be in the safest position for the longest time possible. Our car seat goes rear facing up to 45 pounds, and that is one reason why people purchase ours.

Hanukah photos coming soon :)




2 comments:

  1. This is good info... We have a convertible Britax seat that goes up to 65 lbs, which we are going to install in the care within the next couple of months. My daughter is 7 months old, and right now is in her infant car-seat... but I figured she would move into her Britax, facing rear until 1 year old (just like you read everywhere) - but this has made me rethink that "1 year old" thing for sure. Scary stuff!
    I saw you are my newest follower... thanks for stopping by ... I like your blog alot & your daughter is just precious!! :)
    ~Skye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Skye! Welcome to you as well. The car seat thing is crazy. I am telling you, 1 year and 20 pounds is the absolute minimum. What parent wants the minimum for her child? I heard that the laws might soon be changing from someone on the inside. I am just thankful a few friends sent me what they did. We turned in back to rear facing and don't plan on changing it until she is 2 or so.

    ReplyDelete