Sunday, September 19, 2010

Back to Blogging


Hello everyone!

Things have been crazy in the Horowitz household. We finally settled into our *temporary* abode and have just about ten months before we move *again* back to good old Chicago. God I can't wait to get back to that city. Virginia is not my favorite place and lets just leave it at that. Positive thinking! One fun thing about being in Virginia and having a hubby working at the United States Supreme Court is that Dalia gets to meet important people and had the opportunity to play "hands" with our newest Justice.

Here we are visiting daddy at work:


Dalia is a whopping TEN months old at this point. Crawling? Not really! Standing? With help! Teeth? Two! Sleeping? Sometimes! Talking? She says uh oh and dat dat dat dat dat and points--too cute! She is about 21 pounds these days (read: bigger than your average little munchkie) and very, very tall. She is adorable and just because you might not believe me I have added some new-ish photos:







We were lucky enough to have a house FULL of visitors (and toys... yes too many of those) nearly every day since we moved into the condo. Here is a favorite of mine:



Yep. My favorite (well only) sister came in for a visit and she brought her very own munchkie, Chase. We had a fabulous time! A girl like me needs serious quality sister time.

Most recently we celebrated two very special holidays: Rosh HaShanah and Yom Kippur. These are HUGE holidays in Judaism and this was Dalia's first time celebrating them. It was so special for us! We were in NYC for the first and in Virginia for the second. We can't wait to have many more years celebrating these together.

So what does 5771 have in store for us? Hmmmmm... we aren't telling anyone just yet (kidding, seriously) but we want to do our best to be better people and to love one another even more. One thing that will happen in 5771 is Dalia's 1st (gasp) birthday. How can we be this far into parenthood already? 5771 is also the year I get to go back to Chicago. Counting down the days........

I will be posting much more regularly now that things have settled down. It is nice to be back!

xoxoxoxoxo


1 comment:

  1. aww, I'm sorry you're not happy in DC! I wish I knew other mommies in the area to hook you up with, but most of my friends back home are stilly in the party-girl stage of life.... And that's why I loved IAA. Call me if you need to talk, I could use some distractions these days, the wedding is in 3 weeks! (my number is on my facebook page)

    ReplyDelete