Saturday, July 17, 2010

Did Ya Know We Were Movin?

Yep. We are moving, again. Washington DC (ahem, Alexandria) here we come.

Why, you ask?

Well Steve was selected (like two years ago at this point) to be a law clerk for the United States Supreme Court with Justice Kennedy. Pretty sweet gig, no? Maybe all those Harvard Law Schools loans are worth it! And after a brief break in DC we will likely be back buying a beautiful home in the windy city. Real estate research is in progress :) Steve hasn't picked a law firm yet, but has a lot of good options.

And what will I do next year? Probably play mommy and take a few private educational consulting families. I did end up declining the free (yes free, actually salaried) PhD option at the University of Maryland (call me crazy, I know). But it wasn't the right thing for me for next year.
I don't need a PhD.
I don't need 5-8 more years of school.
I am not ever sure I want one.
I don't need up-all-nighters writing and grading papers.

I need another year to figure out what I want to do. And no matter what I decide, it will be the right decision for me.

Sidenote:

If you know me you know I am a total clean freak and organization nut. This move is driving me bonkers--boxes everywhere, paper strewn throughout the house, packing tape stuck to the floor, and dishes everywhere. Let us not forget there is a baby in the picture whom requires lots of love and kisses...I can't wait to get to our condo and unpack (this is one of my strong points). At 7 months prego, we moved to Chicago and I unpacked dozens of boxes in two days. Steve came home and the house looked like we had been there for years. Lets hope I still have this kind of energy next week!


3 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of you guys! Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be there the 1st/2nd to help. You are quite the movers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma! No need to help with the moving stuff :) We will see you when everything is all settled down :) Pool party!!

    ReplyDelete